Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can use the services of Aged Rights Advocacy Service (ARAS)? Does
it cost anything?
2. What are my rights and are they different to anyone else’s rights?
3. Advocacy – what does it mean and how does ARAS advocate for older
4. What if the older person has dementia or has had a stroke and can’t make decisions for themselves’, how can you ensure their rights are upheld?
5. Would the advocate speak directly to an alleged abuser?
6. Can ARAS give legal advice?
7. Can I remain anonymous?