top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the difference between a Will and an Enduring Power of Attorney?
2. What decisions can an Attorney make on my behalf?
3. Can my Attorney charge for their services?
4. I have already appointed an Attorney, do I also need to appoint a Substitute     Decision-Maker and why?
5. What happens if my Attorney or Substitute Decision-Maker dies?
6. If I move interstate will my Enduring Power of Attorney and Advance Care      Directive still apply?
Read More
Read More
Read More
Read More


If the Attorney appointed is a Trustee Company, a professional like a solicitor or an accountant then they usually charge their normal rates for managing the financial affairs of the person who appointed them.


If the Attorney is a member of the family or a friend then they cannot charge for their services as the tasks performed are usually done for “love and affection”, unless an allowance was specifically stipulated within the Enduring Power of Attorney document.

7. What can I do if I discover that my appointed Attorney had taken my money     without my consent?
Read More
bottom of page