Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens if I die without a Will? Does it go to the Government?
2. What happens if a person dies suddenly and it is unknown if they have a valid Will?
3. Can I make changes to my Will at any time?
4. What role can Public Trustee play in managing someone’s financial and legal affairs?
5. What does a Financial Administrator do?
6. What does a Manager do?
7. What does an Attorney do?
8. What are the differences and the roles performed by the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT), Public Advocate and Public Trustee in protecting vulnerable clients?
9. How can I protect myself from financial abuse?
10. What does Public Trustee charge to manage a customer’s financial
Financial abuse is a serious issue with far-reaching consequences for individuals, their families and the community. Financial abuse can happen to anyone, but some people such as older people, people with a disability or mental illness, or people who are socially isolated may be at greater risk.
For more detailed information please go to;