Frequently Asked Questions

1.    What happens if I die without a Will? Does it go to the Government?


2.    What happens if a person dies suddenly and it is unknown if they have a        valid Will?


3.     Can I make changes to my Will at any time?


4.     What role can Public Trustee play in managing someone’s financial and          legal affairs?


5.     What does a Financial Administrator do?

6.     What does a Manager do?


7.      What does an Attorney do?


8.       What are the differences and the roles performed by the South           Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT), Public Advocate           and Public Trustee in protecting vulnerable clients?


9.      How can I protect myself from financial abuse?


10.     What does Public Trustee charge to manage a customer’s financial



Where an action for damages for personal injury is brought in the District Court or the Supreme Court, the Court can make a Protection Order and appoint Public Trustee as a manager. 

A manager is responsible for making all or some of the financial and legal decisions and the appointment may be limited to the award or the whole of the estate.


Public Trustee will be appointed as Power of Attorney by persons who have  legal capacity  and who have voluntarily appointed Public Trustee to manage their financial and legal affairs by means of an Enduring Power of Attorney.

© 2020 by Alliance for the Prevention of Elder Abuse.