top of page
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens if I don’t have an Advance Care Directive in place and I am not able to make my own decisions?
2. What kind of disagreements can arise about an Advance Care Directive?
3. Who can help my Substitute Decision-Makers, relatives or friends resolve a conflict about my health, accommodation or personal issues?
4. How will my voice be heard during a conflict?
5. What if there is a dispute about my decision making capacity?
In situations where there is conflict or doubt in relation to an Advance Care Directive, the Public Advocate can be asked to make a statement about your capacity to make a specific decision.
bottom of page