Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens if I don’t have an Advance Care Directive in place and I am not able to make my own decisions?
2. What kind of disagreements can arise about an Advance Care Directive?
3. Who can help my Substitute Decision-Makers, relatives or friends resolve a conflict about my health, accommodation or personal issues?
4. How will my voice be heard during a conflict?
5. What if there is a dispute about my decision making capacity?
The OPA DRS is designed to support the rights of the person who made the Advance Care Directive and make sure that you are involved in the best way possible.
Depending on your ability at the time, you may be directly involved in the mediation process or indirectly involved and have an advocate or another person speak on your behalf.